Sunday, February 8, 2015

B3 & Rosemary Skin Serum Recipe - All Natural Anti-aging and Wrinkle Repair That Works!

Homemade Skin serum
 

I'm always interested in effective and natural skin care, especially anti-aging products. B3, or niacinamide has been reported to effectively treat a variety of facial conditions – including acne, rosacea and wrinkles.  

Niacinamide is an important ingredient in many pricey skin care lines.   I like skin care that does more than one thing.  Any ingredient that helps beat wrinkles and acne is a winner in my book!

You can read more about niacinamide as a skin care ingredient on multiple sites, but the summary of what I understand is that topically applied B3 has been shown to increase ceramide and free fatty acid levels in skin.  This helps to prevent your skin from losing water content.  

This water soluble vitamin also is believed to stimulate micro circulation in the dermis, which is the middle layer of your skin (the place where all the collagen is stored in your skin - important stuff going on in this layer that affects your skin's youthful appearance).  

Because I don't believe that we must spend a fortune to have beautiful, youthful skin, I went on a search to find a recipe to make my own B3 serum.  

I tried several recipes from various websites but the serums didn't feel all that.....serum-like.  They were too watery for my clumsy self (I need a serum that lets me get a head start on it) so I played around with just a few ingredients and came up with this....





Ingredients for skin serum

* 8 tsp Vegetable Glycerin (acts as a moisturizer, emulsifier and preservative)

* 1 cup Distilled water

* 1 Tbsp of Dried Rosemary Leaf or 3 Tbsp of Fresh Rosemary (preservative qualities & skin care benefits)

* 1/2 tsp N-Acetyl Glucosamine (said to be good for skin & I happened to have on-hand)

* 1 tsp Niacinamide Powder (also called Niacin or B3 - the star ingredient)


1) In a covered saucepan, boil rosemary with water for 3 to 7 minutes.  Keep lid on and remove from heat - let sit for 1o minutes.  You will want to be careful not to completely boil away all the water (like I did the first time).

2) Pour the rosemary mixture through a mesh strainer or cheesecloth.  You will only need 4 teaspoons of the rosemary tea for your recipe.  Save the rest to use as a hair rinse or add to your bathwater.


Rosemary and water solution

3) In a sterile glass jar with a lid, mix 4 teaspoons rosemary tea, 1 teaspoon niacin powder, 1/2 teaspoon glucosamine and 8 teaspoons glycerin.  Shake until well mixed. 



Water, rosemary, and B3



Solution coming together



4) Using a funnel if necessary, pour serum into a dark container or jar.  I used an empty, clean vanilla bottle.  I like the spout size and the dark brown color will protect my serum from light.  



Completed skin serum in brown bottle


Here, you can get an idea of the texture.  It feels just like a commercially prepared serum. It smells lovely too! 

Apply a few drops of your serum to freshly cleansed skin both morning and night.  Wait several minutes before applying any additional moisturizer or makeup.  

As with any skin care product, discontinue use if your skin becomes irritated.  Consult a doctor if irritation persists.




Demonstration of serum on hand




To get additional B3 in your skin care, you can also mix 1/2 to 1 teaspoon into your moisturizing cream.  I added some into my Alpha Hydroxy Acid skin cream.  Just use a fork or a small whisk to mix well.

If you don't like the feel of a serum and prefer not to mix your B3 with your face cream, you can simply mix 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of B3 powder with 1/4 cup of distilled water or aloe vera juice, shake well until dissolved and put into an empty spray bottle.

Spray on your freshly washed face and allow to dry.  Use several times a day for the maximum benefits.

If you liked this article, you may enjoy reading ~

 

Magnesium Oil for Skin Care Recipe

 

Chocolate Lip Balm Recipe - All Natural & Good For You!

 

The Best Homemade Face Scrub Ever

 

How to Really Get Rid of Acne Scars & Remove Wrinkles


Cafe Mocha Face Mask Recipe


Homemade Sheer Cherry Lip Balm Recipe

 

Make Your Own Healthy Deodorant - All Natural

 

 

If you liked this article, be sure to subscribe so you won't miss out on future helpful tips and tricks!




6 comments:

  1. Excellent post. I was checking constantly this blog and I
    am impressed! Extremely helpful information specially the
    last part :) I care for such info a lot. I was looking
    for this particular information for a very long time.
    Thank you and best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your writing style, excellent info, thank you for putting up
    :D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Usually I don't read article on blogs, however
    I would like to say that this write-up very forced me to check out and do it!
    Your writing style has been amazed me. Thanks, quite great
    article.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howdy very cool website!! Guy .. Excellent ..
    Amazing .. I will bookmark your web site and take the feeds also...I'm satisfied to find numerous helpful information here within the post, we'd like work out more
    techniques on this regard, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great site! I am loving it!! Will come back again.
    I am taking your feeds also

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I omit N-acetyl Glucosamine? Thanks for sharing such a wonderful serum recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us! Please remember to keep your comments clean and kind. Have a great day!