Monday, January 26, 2015

Paleo Tortillas - Delicious, Easy and Gluten Free

For the most part, eating Paleo approved foods has proven to be a tasty experience.   But I'm still preparing non-Paleo foods for my family members that aren't ready to jump on the bandwagon.  I'm still tempted by non-Paleo food items.  Ugh!  Hands down, the most difficult meal for me to pass up is burritos.  I can eat the meat and veggies but I feel deprived the whole time, watching my family eat my tasty homemade whole wheat tortillas.   

So I decided that it was time to try a Paleo tortilla recipe.  My friend gave the recipe and I'm so thankful that she did!  To make your own delicious Paleo tortillas you will need...

* 2 Eggs
* 1 tsp melted Coconut Oil
* Tbsp water
* 1/4 cup Arrowroot Starch Flour
* 1 tsp Coconut Flour
pinch of salt
~ Makes 3 tortillas ~
~ Recipe can easily be doubled or tripled ~

1) Mix eggs with melted coconut oil and water.  Add dry ingredients and blend well.  Batter may be a little lumpy. 

2) Pour 1/3 of the batter into small, preheated skillet (I greased with a little bit of coconut oil) and roll around to coat.

3) Cook for one minute or until mixture bubbles up a little bit.

4) Flip tortilla and cook for another minute on other side

5) Stack cooked tortillas between waxed paper or foil to keep warm and soft.
Use in place of grain tortillas or crepes in any recipe.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us! Please remember to keep your comments clean and kind. Have a great day!